Andrea Schroeder for State Representative
Republican Candidate for Michigan’s 43rd Congressional District
As Trustee on the Independence Township Board, I promised to bring responsible government to our community. I've worked to keep that promise and I'm proud of the results I've helped produce.
I am the strong conservative leader that will be your voice in Lansing.
My Legislative Priorities:
- Continue the job creation we have seen under Governor Snyder, both in professional areas and the skilled trades.
- Adapt our education systems to prepare our workforce with the skills that match the good-paying jobs of the future.
- Work to grow Michigan’s economy by promoting diverse business sectors and increasing foreign investment.
- Make sure the tax dollars from our working-class families are used wisely in order to solve the budget challenges in the years ahead,
Andrea Schroeder has lived in Independence Township since 1998. She and Mark, her
husband of 25 years are raising their three children here.A firm believer that we all have an obligation to contribute to our community, Andrea has been an active and engaged resident. She enjoys her work with the Optimist Club and volunteers at many of their community events to benefit the youth of Clarkston. Andrea’s contributions to our schools have earned her Distinguished Service awards from both the school district and the PTA Council.
Other area volunteer service includes the Clarkston Area Chamber of Commerce and SCAMP. She’s also taught the PreK and Kindergarten classes at her church for over 14 years. In 2012, Andrea lead the initiative to get the synthetic drugs K2 and Spice out of local stores, a campaign which Oakland County later established countywide and helped lead to a state law banning these substances. Andrea has been honored with the President’s Gold Service Award from the Points of Light Foundation.
Born in Detroit and spending a few early years in Switzerland, Andrea has lived most of her life in Oakland County. She attended Miami University and taught Kindergarten before launching a successful career as a sales and marketing executive. Andrea has managed her own consulting business since 2003, specializing in corporate growth strategies
Andrea is proud of her extensive record of public service:
● As a Trustee on the Independence Township Board, Andrea has worked to provide
transparent, efficient government that is responsive to resident needs.
● Andrea is a member of the Election Committee, the HR employee handbook
development committee, and represents Independence Township on the Lake Oakland
● Governor Snyder had twice appointed Andrea to the State Board of Cosmetology, a
licensing and regulatory board.
● Andrea serves as a Director on the board of the ACE Academy, a strict discipline
academy in Highland Park reengaging adjudicated youth in their education to earn a
high school diploma.
● She serves on the Board of Directors of the Women Officials Network, an association of
women leaders from throughout southeast Michigan.
● Andrea completed a Fellowship of the Michigan Political Leadership Program, a
yearlong program for good governance of the MSU Institute for Public Policy.
During Andrea's terms as Independence Township Trustee, Andrea supported decreased taxes, improved services, and increased resident engagement.
Andrea believes the government should be: